I still remember clearly the night it happened, I was just on my way home from visiting with some friends at a restaurant we all enjoy. It was getting dark, but it wasn’t that far to my house and I was pretty sure my trip was gonna be uneventful. Boy, was I wrong! As I was driving I noticed my trunk was open, and I decided to stop on the side of the road just for a moment to close it. Simple, right? I got out of the car, closed the door, and just as I was getting back into my car, I realized I was locked out!
At this point, it was getting dark and I was alone and totally stranded! If you’re a woman, you know how scary this situation could be! I was almost crying, about to have a full-blown panic attack when I grabbed my phone, called my trusted roadside assistance company and realized they were not answering.
I decided to quickly use Google to look up Roadside Assistance here in Roanoke, Virginia to see who could help when I stumbled on the Rambling Wrecker Roanoke, a towing service in Roanoke, Virginia. They answered immediately and promised to send someone to help me right away! I was getting assistance in less than an hour! and the person that came was super nice and definitely gave me that much-needed sense of security.
Things like these can happen to anyone!
Consumer Reports and the Insurance Information Institute issued some car breakdown safety tips that are helpful for everyone out there (especially women who may feel in danger in these situations)
- If you’re locked out of your car, stay nearby at a close distance that allows you to see your car but also remain safe from the road while you wait for assistance.
- If you are somewhere you can safely walk to another place: do so, but leave a note with your contact information on the windshield of the car.
- If you are having other problems, pull over to the side of the road as soon as it is safe and possible to do so.
- Turn on your car’s hazard lights and put out your emergency reflector triangles. These will alert other drivers of your situation.
- In case you cannot walk to another location: stay inside your car if possible, lock the doors and fasten your seatbelt and call for roadside assistance.
Other security tips for women on the road include to obviously carry around some pepper spray and perhaps a small blade, just in case you’re in a dangerous situation. But when it comes to tips regarding cars, some great advice is to also keep a spare tire in the trunk. This may sound silly and like something everyone should know, but the truth is that not everyone does it, and you can save some money and agravation if you learn how to change your own tire on the road.
Another thing we definitely advise you to do is to keep several phone numbers of trusted tow truck services! Especially those who work 24/7. This is because you never know how many phone numbers you may have to go through before you get to one that’s available, close, and reliable. For that reason, keep Rambling Wrecker-Roanoke in your contacts:
This is our phone number: 540-306-6363
You can also text us at NEEDATOW to 26786
Getting locked out of your car can happen to anyone, anywhere. What can you do when that happens? Are you sure your tow truck service will be there for you when you need it? Here at Rambling Wrecker-Roanoke we aim to give you the best service and make sure you’re assisted 24/7.
Prefer to Text? Send NEEDATOW to 26786